Petra Russell helps organizations to create breakthroughs in performance by building a culture of feedback that increases employee engagement. Her results are achieved by thorough and extensive investigation of executive performance issues and implementation of curriculums that transform company culture from the core. Petra drives culture change through leadership development that improves organizational performance by addressing leadership readiness and skills gaps, partnering with emerging leaders to set and execute corporate goals through executive coaching programs, and improving individual and team performance through skill development in the areas of communication, relationship management, emotional intelligence, presence, and self-awareness.
Consulting internationally for over 20 years, Petra has cultivated expertise in cross-cultural and generational training as part of leadership skills development that is focused on emotional connection, conversational intelligence, and building transformational relationships. Petra’s core energy process is a “guidance-from-within” approach that involves a commitment to acting skillfully in the present moment and making intentions for future actions to achieve extraordinary and sustainable success.
Having established her own international consulting firm in 2003, Petra’s clients have varied between local start-ups to 125-year-old global corporations and world renown companies such as Porsche, Umbro, Vitra, and German kitchen manufacturer Poggenpohl, just to name a few. Developed through first-hand knowledge and experience from living in Germany, the US, Central America, and Asia, Petra brings extensive expertise in the areas of international sales, marketing, and branding.
Foundational to each client engagement is the importance of collaborating closely with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds as a strategic advantage in today’s global marketplace. It is from her own enriching experiences that Petra is equipped to translate her personal lessons learned to her portfolio of strategic programs, assessments and services she provides to help clients achieve transformational goals through coaching, leadership training and culture development.
Petra is passionate about helping people effectively address barriers to personal and professional success, which inspired her to become an iPEC certified Energy Leadership Master Practitioner, a triple certified executive coach and an emotional connection trainer. She frequently speaks at summits and conferences throughout the US and Europe about the importance of self-awareness and vulnerability as critical to becoming a resilient, successful leader.
Working across industries with individuals, teams or boards, her core energy leadership process is focused on raising awareness and understanding of how attitudes impact ability to create sustainable change, reconnecting with self and others from the core and developing cultures that inspire highly effective team dynamics, innovation and creativity. She joined LeggUP in January of 2019 as Vice President of Coaching and has been building the first coaching platform designed to offer coaching as an employee benefit throughout entire organizations such as Boeing, IBM and Intel.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- University of East London – currently enrolled for MSc Program in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology (MAPPCP)
- Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences, Germany – Master of Design (MDES)
- Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching – Certified Professional Coach (CPC)
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) – Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Energy Leadership Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
- EmC Leaders – Emotional Connection Trainer Certificate
- Marshall Goldsmith – Stakeholder Centered Leadership (SCL) Coach
- PQ – Positive Intelligence, Mental Fitness Coach
- Marcus Buckingham Masterclass Certification – High Performing Teams
- Patrick Lencioni Masterclass Certification – Leadership
- GA State University, Robinson College of Business – Executive Leadership Program
- Project Management Institute (PMI) – Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Program
BOARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) – President, 2022 Board of Directors, Orange County
- Institute of Coaching (IOC), Harvard Medical School Affiliate – Fellow Member
- COO Forum – Chapter Director, Orange County